Tuesday, October 31, 2006

You might live in North Carolina

My Dad sent me this forward since he lives in NC and I used to, and i didn't have anything better to blog about today :) so i deleted the ones that i hadn't really experienced (and the ones that are more appropriate to Michigan than NC), and am posting for you my summarized "You might live in North Carolina if" list.

Things I have learned living in North Carolina

  • Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air
  • It is not a Shopping cart, it is a buggy.
  • Fire ants consider your flesh as a picnic.
  • People actually grow and eat okra.
  • "Fixinto" is one word.
  • Ice tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar!
  • You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH them.
  • You use "fix" as a verb. For example: "I'm fixing to go to the store "
  • You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit "a little warm".
  • Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past time known as "goin' Wal-martin" or off to "Wally World"
  • Fried catfish is the other white meat. (And it is good too!)

No comments: